Sunday, September 15, 2013

30 Day Challange: Day 5



Day 5: What are your views on religion? 


The question is truly a double edged sword.  I would like to start off with saying that I respect the beliefs of all I come in contact with throughout life.  But respect is not the same thing as agreement.  An important factor to be considered is the difference between faith and religion.  Faith is something one chooses—a gift that is available to all and opened by few.  Religion is ultimately man made, and so is imperfect in its own nature.  Many have fallen away from a faith due to these imperfections.  People are drawn to a greater purpose and so come seeking refuge and hope from a confusing and hurtful world.  In their process, they receive a bitter mouth full of the very nature that they are trying to escape—something that is referred to as the old flesh.   You see, what often isn’t understood is that the church is made up of people.  And so, it should be with the expectation that, in pursuing God, you’re going to get hurt.  This shouldn’t be how it is.  But unfortunately, sometimes it is.  My heart is saddened and disgusted to this fact.  But it’s because of our weakness that we need God.  Because where we are weak, He is strong. 
I’m sure by now, you’ve been able to piece together that I’m a strong believer in Christ and have been all my life.  The world looks to us at times; I feel to see us fall more than to look at us as people who are obviously imperfect but are humbled by our weakness and look to something greater than ourselves.  Being a Christian doesn’t grant us perfection but rather it ensures us grace.  I consider it to be my responsibility to show acceptance to all.  Actions speak louder than words.  I do not intend to preach my beliefs on another but rather to show them the grace that I’ve been given.  Is that not what Christ did? 

I could write an entire book on this subject.  In a way, it’s like trying to describe a soul.  There is no evidence that we have a soul and yet, somewhere inside us, we believe we have one.  Again, this was a very large topic to tackle for me and I’ve only scratched the surface.  Please feel free to comment or ask questions.     

No comments:

Post a Comment