Day 2: Where do you want to be in 10 years?
Ah, the question asked at every stage in life. When you’re in elementary school, they ask
what you want to be when you grow up. When
in High school, they ask what you REALLY want to be when you grow up. Then, when you’re grown up, you’re asked what
actually happened—and where you want to go from there. Either way, these questions are asked to
ensure that we’re always moving forward—always dreaming.
I want to have a house of my own with the love of my life by
my side having just celebrated our 11 year anniversary. Three children are going to have filled our
hearts with joy and happiness. Together,
we’ll love better, show patience more often, and we’ll be stronger with the challenges
and joys of life. Two of those children
will be ours. And one will be adopted
from China. This might sound like a
surprise to some of you but I have a special place in my heart for the Chinese people
and their culture. I don’t know why but
it’s like God has placed a string around my heart that gets tugged every time I
see a beautiful little Chinese girl. And
somewhere, deep in my heart I feel as though I’m some little girl’s future
mother. Our house will be full of God’s
love, full of knowledge, full of music, full of messes and laughter, full of
animals running around chasing the kids or each other. And my silly bird will still be on my
shoulder watching the commotion.
My parents will be enjoying a life of retirement and loving
every earned second of it. Their
grandchildren will know them well. And I’ll
be closer to my family in law enjoying the familiarity of each other’s company. The type of familiarity that comes with many
years of laughter and fellowship. Old
friends will be older and new friendships will have been made. My relationship with God will still be
standing the test of time as I continue to witness God’s faithfulness and
goodness.
My career as a teacher will hopefully be in full bloom as I
will be enlightening the minds of 2nd and 3rd graders
with fun and exciting ways to learn. I
have absolutely no idea what to expect as I am still taking classes at a
university. Hopefully I won’t be absolutely
burnt out or fed up with the supposed political complications that comes with
the job. Ten years seems so near and yet
so far. All I know in the end is that
life is a gift and should be lived in the present with the awareness that we
have something wonderful.
"We live we love
We forgive and never give up
Cuz the days we are given are gifts from above
And today we remember to live and to love"
We forgive and never give up
Cuz the days we are given are gifts from above
And today we remember to live and to love"
-Super Chick: We Live-

No comments:
Post a Comment