Day 4:What are your favorite comfort foods and why?
- On a cold and snowy day: Homemade chicken noodle soup. Place a biscuit at the bottom of your bowl, place mashed potatoes over biscuit then pour soup on top. This recipe warms the soul! My mother-in-law was the one who introduced me to a similar recipe and I fell in love! Find recipe here: http://www.savoryreviews.com/2010/04/17/chicken-n-noodles-over-mashed-potatoes/
- On a hot summer’s day: Salad with carrots, cherry tomatoes, celery, cucumber, sliced almonds, raisins and ranch dressing. This just makes me feel plain healthy!
- For a tough day: Dark chocolate and barefoot sweet red wine. This just makes my troubles melt away—along with a foot rub from my hubby.
- The ideal breakfast: Coffee with vanilla creamer, two over easy eggs, half a banana and toast with strawberry jelly. This starts my morning off just perfectly!
- My favorite drinks: Coffee: white chocolate with Irish cream latte—so light and creamy! Desert drink: Boba tea—a Chinese specialty. Its milk tea with tapioca balls about the size of a pea. I could seriously live on these. Alcohol: White Russian and red wine.
I think that
pretty much sums everything up!
Everybody needs some comfort food to get them thru life! Feel free to comment with some of your own
favorite foods!




Hey! I just caught up on your blog. It's been a few days, but I love reading it! Im learning so much about you and it's nice to know more about who you are. :) i laughed when I read your entry about pet peeves. We're similar in lots of ways. But I also didn't know you like barefoot wine! I didn't know anyone else liked it besides me. Haha. I agree about the chicken and noodles over potatoes though, super yummy! I should make some today with how melancholy the weather is here. Thanks for the idea! :)
ReplyDelete-christy
Thanks Christy! I'm glad you're venturing to read what I have to say. I really want you and your family to know me better. And I write far better than I can carry a conversation. lol I figured we had a lot in common and I can't wait to know you better as well!
ReplyDeletep.s. we should get together and have some barefoot sometime. yum