Sunday, October 6, 2013

30 Day Challange: Day 9



Day 9: If you could choose any job in the world what would it be?
 
I’m currently going to school to become an elementary school teacher.  However, I can’t say that’s my dream job.  I’ve always loved working with animals.  They bring my heart joy and I find myself always smiling when I’m around them.  That’s not to say that I’d want to work just any animal job.  I wouldn’t want to work in a zoo, a circus or with food animals such as cattle.  I’d LOVE to work with intelligent creatures such as dolphins, birds, horses or service dogs.  In other words, I’d love to be a trainer.  Often, there is no closer bond than between an animal and its trainer.  There’s a type of communicative connection that occurs—as if human and animal have found a very small hidden bridge that allows understanding into two different worlds.  Whenever I go to a show where animals perform I just love to see how happy the animals are in performing and how there’s a ‘behind the scenes’ speech in every look and gesture between the trainer and the animal. 
Have you ever seen a rider direct a horse bareback by just the slightest pressure change in their legs—riding the great beast with both hands in the air completing complex spins and gates?  Or have you ever seen a bird show where the trainer and the bird have a complete seemingly intelligent conversation in front of an audience—and for them to demonstrate later that the bird’s answers were all based on a few subtle hand gestures?  Or have you seen a herding dog perform sharp turns, sudden stops, and quick leaps to herd hundreds of sheep to one location— all because of a few vastly different whistles hardly audible to the human ear?  All of these things are just remarkable and fascinating to me.  What I wouldn’t give some days to have a job like that.           

No comments:

Post a Comment