Monday, October 7, 2013

30 Day Challange: Day 10



Day 10: Your guilty pleasure (or pleasures)

                I can just see this post getting lots of views…right alongside the ‘what are your top five pet peeves’.  Well, don’t get too excited there, I’m not about to give away all my secrets.  But, here are a few of my favorite things:
                I have a huge sweet tooth.  I find it entirely impossible keeping sweets out of the house…seeming as I’m the one to shop for groceries.  It’s not to say that everything in my house is junk food, but I must admit, I always have at least one of my favorite things in the pantry.  My favorite cookies or chocolate or strawberry liquorish—just to reward myself after a long day filled with things I often don’t enjoy doing.  The good news is whatever I get tends to last a while because I do have some means of restraint in how many I’ll allow myself to have.  This seems to lead right into my second guilty pleasure.
                Coffee.  Not house coffee.  Lattes.  Starbucks will suffice, but I really enjoy a good ‘mom and pop’ coffee store—you know, the ones with every flavor imaginable, soft quiet couches, a book case full of games and books, a warm atmosphere that beckons you to stay just a moment longer and that delicious taste of you new concoction of your favorite flavors with the smell of quality fresh espresso all put into a large round white mug with the foam shaped as a leaf.  And what’s more but to then have one of my favorite books to get lost in?  Which leads to my third guilty pleasure.
            Books.  I have this sort of admiring love for the smell of an old book found in some lonely corner of a library.  And the older the book, the more character and adventure it has to offer.  I’ll take an old ratty book over the newest ipad or nook any day.  Reading has always been my escape in life.  Ever since I could piece together words with meaning, I’ve devoured books and if I couldn’t read them, I begged my dad to stay just one more story and read to me until I fell asleep—though I rarely ever did.  And as I think back, I often favored books with talking animals…which leads me to my last guilty pleasure.
                Animals.  You might be wondering how animals pose as a guilty pleasure.  Well…the problem is, I can’t ever seem to have enough of them.  One bird turns into, “Oh, but he’ll get lonely!  He needs a friend!”  Which will turn into, “But maybe they’d like to have some other entertainment like a guinea pig!”  And before I know it my one bird turns into three birds and two guinea pigs.  Yes, yes, I know…it’s bad.  The truth is I just can’t help myself.  I always kind of had this secret goal of mine to own as many different animals as I could in a life time.   Not all at once of course.  But then again, who knows?     

                Well, so there you have it.  This was actually unusually hard to write.  Thanks to my husband though for helping me with this one.  I think I’d still be sitting here scratching my head if it weren’t for him.  I was stuck on the fact that a guilty pleasure was something that pleased you in secret.  I guess I just like to share the things that make me happy with others so I don’t lead a life of secretive pleasures.  Guess I just can’t keep my mouth shut.  I bring you good news of great joy!  LoL

No comments:

Post a Comment